Monday, March 4, 2013

Extreme couponing: Utah style

During my almost 2-month stint of being jobless I occasionally enjoyed watching TLC's show Extreme Couponing. It was crazy to see how low they could get their prices with just a little bit of planning. 

Besides watching occasional TV I attended a networking meeting provided by the LDS Employment services. My last time attending I found out about the Utah Deal Diva from Jessica's brother-in-law. He told me that Jessica, the Utah Deal Diva, discovered different ways to save money after her husband lost his job. She loved it so much she decided to create a blog out of it.

What I immediately loved was that she wanted to share with people her great saving tips and was able to create a job from it! She lists different tips of how to coupon, find the coupons you want and even how to make cheap healthy meals. Seriously, what more do you want? 

Okay there was one thing, she's from Utah! This is a great bonus for me because she'll give tips on local places too. How cool is it that there's basically an "extreme couponer" in my hometown - one that I can imitate my life after so that I too can be a savvy shopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment