Friday, March 29, 2013

We grouponed it and it felt good

Back at college people would pass out little punch cards that cost $20 but you could use them for various stores and restaurants around town and it could end up lasting you all semester long. I loved getting the card but I also felt my pride rise every time I pulled it out to get a deal on something. I didn't want people to think I was cheap or didn't have enough money for things....which let's be honest, I didn't always have the money.

It was so silly that my pride would go on high alert because in reality I should've been priding myself in being smart for finding deals.

Now I've become a fan of looking up deals. There are so many great deals on KSL and Groupon that you'd be a fool to pass them up.

Last weekend my husband Luke and I went to Thanksgiving Point to cash in on a Groupon deal I bought a couple months ago. It was for a $50 gift card to a restaurant and two tickets to the museum (which without the deal costs $20). The deal cost us about $39.

In order to be an even more cheapskate we chose to go to the restaurant, The Harvest during lunch hours since their menu was pretty pricey. When we found out we couldn't leave the restaurant with the left over money from our gift card we ordered as much as we could and kept pulling out the calculator to make sure we didn't go over the $50 budget.

What was our order you ask?
We ordered an appetizer (which we never usually do)
2 main dishes
2 flavored lemonades
Chocolate raspberry cake

We left with a grand total of $49.70! Lots of to-go boxes and extremely full stomachs where we thought we'd pop and throw up.

And yes we're still children and play with our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment