Monday, March 25, 2013

Eliminating impact by being frugal

I enjoy watching documentaries where people try to better themselves. For years I had been trying to watch No Impact Man, as soon as my sister had told me about it. Last year I finally sat down to watch it and I was in awe as Colin Beavan had carefully planned out ways that he and his family would slowly eliminate items out of their lives that are environmentally harmful.



Though Colin was trying to become more environmentally friendly I couldn't help but think how much money he was able to save from this. Yes, he went with more organic food -which typically tends to costs more, but he did other things that could save money.

For example, he got rid of his TV, they turned off their electricity, took their bikes everywhere instead of using cars and public transit and quit all of their magazine subscriptions.

So instead of a question about the environment (as I'm sure he'd prefer I pose) - I would like to pose the question "What are you willing to give up to become more frugal?"


No comments:

Post a Comment