Friday, February 15, 2013

A case of the youngest and expectations


I have a chronic disease. It’s called “I’mTheYoungest.” Unless by some VERY shocking turn of events (Mom?) I will die this way.

And I’m very glad about this.

When you’re the youngest it’s like all the awesome accomplishments your older siblings made are combined into one and expected in you. Then when your parents realize you are the last burst of parenting practice, they want the unmet hopes from children past to be met by you as well.

Imagine all the expectations that come with being the youngest of 6. Magic.

They had such high hopes for me in 1992
Actually… my parents weren’t like that at all. Although there were certain missing math skills absent in my brain that left something to be desired.

But still, I think I am that way to myself.  Being the youngest, I’ve always looked at admirable things in other people – first with my brothers in sisters and then to others.

Now I get to form those observations and admirations in literary form so ya’ll can be part of it! My goal?


And this is now
“In every day, in every way, get a little bit better,” as my dear friend says. Let’s watch the viral process.

No comments:

Post a Comment